This new office building is in a west London conservation area amongst predominantly two storey brick-built housing and adds to the 1913 grade II listed former Magistrates Courthouse designed by the Edwardian architect, John Dixon Butler.

The white cast stone façade has flush translucent glazing and is punctuated by an asymmetrical arrangement of deep openings that accentuates the impression of building mass.

On the western aspect, an external sunscreen is made from bronzed steel, whilst cubic roof-lights in translucent structural glass make a direct reference to the original leaded lanterns on the Old Magistrates Court.

Each office space is designed as a discrete room relating to one of the three, planted courtyards that punctuate the plan creating an introspective, private working landscape.

Vernon Street Offices, London
2001 - 2006